Frederick C. Estok, CP, LP
Howey In the Hills, FL
||Charlie S. Mata, CO, LO
|Immediate Past President
||Nelson LeMarquand, MS, CO, LO, FAAOP
The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists endorses:
||High standards of care for amputees and the disabled
||The establishment of high minimum educational standards for O&P professionals
||Mandatory continuing education requirements
||Accountability of O&P practitioners
||Cost management through the provision of quality care
||The reduction of fraud and abuse
||We believe that these can be obtained through the regulation of the O&P profession by adopting licensure for orthotic and prosthetic professionals in the state of Florida.
State of Florida.
Number of Members: 50
Annual Dues Amount(s): $35.00
Chapter Meeting Attendance: N/A
Practicing in Florida and member in good standing of the Academy.
Chapter Benefits/Areas of Involvement
- Reduced rates at state meetings.
- Working with St. Petersburg College to establish an O&P program.
- Promoting licensed practitioners.
- Residency reimbursement program.
- Assistance to facilities that want to bring in residence.
Chapter Goals and Objectives
- Assist in the establishment of the new O&P program at St. Petersburg College in Florida.
- Monitor legislative activities affecting O&P.
- Promote high standards in patient care.
Previous Chapter Highlights
- 2015 FAOP/FCAAOP Annual Scientific Symposium
Sanibel Harbor Marriott Resort & Spa, Fort Myers, FL
July 31 – August 2, 2015
- 2014 FAOP/FCAAOP Annual Scientific Symposium
Renaissance Orlando Resort at Sea World, Orlando, FL
July 31 – August 2, 2014
- 2012 FAOP/FCAAOP Annual Scientific Symposium
Marriott Marco Island Resort & Spa, Marco Island, FL
August 9 – 11, 2012
- 2011 FCAAOP Annual Scientific Symposium
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, Orlando, FL
July 14 – 16, 2011
- 2010 FCAAOP Annual Meeting
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa, Bonita Springs, FL
July 8 – 10, 2010
- State Meeting with FAOP
Sheraton Bal Harbour in Miami Beach
July 28 – 30, 2008
- Continuation of Second Saturday Mandatory State CEU Program
- The Florida Chapter of the AAOP 2008 Scientific Symposium
July 24 – 26, 2008
Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center & Spa, Weston, Florida
- Contributed $64,000 to the St. Petersburg College O&P program.
If you are currently a member and would like to become more involved, we recommend:
- Coordinating the scientific portion of annual FAOP/FCAAOP meeting.
- Speaking at annual State Meeting.
- Assisting in development/planning of meetings.
If you are a current chapter member and would like to become more involved or if you are interested in becoming a member, let us know! Please contact the Florida Chapter Secretary.